Summer and Fall Seafood Festivals
Interested in eating local seafood and learning more about the fishermen who bring it to us? Check out one of the many summer and fall seafood festivals taking place in New England.
These festivals highlight all kinds of regional seafood specialties, from scallops and oysters to lobsters and fish. Festival-goers at any one of these celebrations are sure to find tasty variations on traditional seafood recipes as well as new and different ideas from local chefs and fishermen.
Many of the festivals directly support the fishermen and fishing communities that host them, and some feature other local crafts and products in addition to showcasing seafood.
Here’s a list (not exhaustive, of course) of some seafood events around New England over the next few months, organized by date. Click on a festival’s name for more details!
- August 1-5 – Maine Lobster Festival (Rockland, ME)
- August 3-5 – Charleston Seafood Festival (Charleston, RI)
- August 7 – Max Restaurant Group Annual Connecticut Lobster Festival (Simsbury, CT)
- August 11 – Cape Cod Commercial Hook Fishermen’s Association Hookers Ball (Chatham, MA)
- August 11 – Frenchboro Lobster Festival (Frenchboro, ME)
- August 11 – Winter Harbor Lobster Festival (Winter Harbor, ME)
- August 18 – Milford Oyster Festival (Milford, CT)
- August 25-26 – Long Island Seafood Festival (West Sayville, NY)
- September 7-9 – Hampton Beach Seafood Festival (Hampton Beach, NH)
- September 15 – Rhode Island Seafood Festival (Providence, RI)
- September 21-23 – Bourne Scallop Fest (Buzzards Bay, MA)
- September 22 – NH Fish & Lobster Festival (Portsmouth, NH)
- October 7 – New Bedford Seaport Chowder Festival (New Bedford, MA)
- October 13-14 – Wellfleet OysterFest (Wellfleet, MA)
- October 13-14 – Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival (Newport, RI)